Saturday, March 27, 2010

 

Well, I Do!

I always thought I had gotten away from corrections without too much damage. That is until I read this month's Desert Waters news letter. I now must admit I may just have some PTSD symptoms.

Yes, I have some of the same problems that some of the staff in the newsletter have. I have at least one weapon in each room. We have no small children in the house and my guns are loaded. In the past I pulled away from anyone not in corrections. To this day I trust very few people. I always sit when possible with my back to a wall. I tried the drinking scene. Anger, divorce, not caring. I keep trying to chill out with some of my quirks I picked up over the years that I worked inside the walls.

Oh, yes my friends, I know what you are going through. What I haven't been through myself I know of others who have, even suicide. I lucked out, my second wife worked in corrections. And she is a very understanding lady. I don’t know what I would have done without her.

I know not everyone has someone. You do have Desert Waters and the staff there. Call no matter where you live. If we can't help, maybe we can recommend someone or someplace. You do not need to give your name. Please let us or someone else help.

Receiving help is not a sign of weakness, but a sign of knowing we can't always handle every thing on our own.

The Old Screw

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?