Saturday, April 07, 2007

 

A Nurse's Point of View

Recently I’ve started on my 31st year of nursing. I have worked everything from level 1 to level 6 mental health. I have enjoyed being a correctional nurse for the last 13 years, but I have had the same feelings as correctional officers do, from being stressed to feeling burned out to hating my job. Nursing staff are viewed in a wide range of different opinions from giving inmates what they want to what I am called sometimes—cold hearted.
Being a RN in corrections is harder than it is on other side of 2 chain links fences. I answer to everyone but no one answer to me.

Comments:
I understand what the today more than I first read time I read the posting. At fist I thought this nurse was feeling sorry for theirself. The person is confused like I am. Who does nurse really answer to -- theirself, the rules, the inmates, the management. Who?
That is question that maybe someone might be able to answer.
 
I feel so bad for you guys. I am a guard. The inmates are constantly drug seeking and screaming about getting a lawyer if they don't get what they want. I am so sick of their crap. If they don't get what they want they also pretend to have a fit after health care goes home. That means we have to call an ambulance which costs us the taxpayer and also ties up the ambulance for the inmate's usual nonsense. We know the contraband drug supply is low when there is an increase in this sort of acting out. Hang in there.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?